Saturday, April 12, 2008

Helloooo Lynne Kosky

As I've come across a few odd bits and pieces about Victorian public transport - or the lack of it in some most cases- I'll be popping a "Helloooo Lynne Kosky" post in from time to time with this being just one of many to come.

Irony screams from the Bylands Tramway Museum Society of Victoria's website with the observation that, although it's located only 1 hour from the Melbourne CBD there is no public transport to its location at all.

Hmmm...let's think about this for a moment, boys and girls.
A tram museum...a museum dedicated to a much-loved iconic form of public transport....and it's only accessible by car...?

Helloooo Lynne Kosky, what's wrong with this picture?!

Answers from others may be entered on the back of a used tram ticketlol

4 comments:

Brian Hughes said...

We have a tram museum round here. It's called the current transport infrastructure. I suspect the trams in the Victoria Museum provide a better service.

Kelley said...

*gaffaw* so are you seriously going to let her know? I think a letter to the editor of one of the papers is in order!

Andrew said...

I question the wisdom of opening tram museums where there is no public transport. Bylands is not the only one. Adelaide and Perth similar I think.

Jayne said...

Ahhh, so broomsticks are still favoured transport too ,Brian? :P

I think she probably already knows, Kelly, but if not, I'll email her with a *ahem* polite note about the situation ;)

I agree, Andrew.
I can see that cheap land in the middle of nowhere is attractive for budding museums but if the transport doesn't already exist then it's silly to just wait for the surrounds to develop to necessitate services.

ShareThis