Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Name That ...


....Thing!

Hints this week are -
  • It is specifically for a form of transport.
  • It has a very particular use for this form of transport that cannot be used on anything else.
  • It has been replaced by improved technology although it's intended use could still be called on today.

No prizes, just the right to wear a smug smirk for 5 mins and have you and your blog name up in lights for a week on my sidebar!razz

ADDIT-
Click on the image for a larger view, there's a clue in the writing on the Thing.
You have my full permission to Google the name written on it.(Look in Images)

Pip, from The House of Squiggles, is right.
It's a clamp to hold vulcanizing patches onto inner bicycle tubes.
Congrats,you may go forth and smile smugly, Pip!
Well done to all who had a go, Name That...Thing will be posted again next Tuesday.

14 comments:

Lightening said...

Okay, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea!!! But my guess is something to do with horses??? Like I said, I have NO idea. LOL.

Lord Sedgwick said...

My guess is that it's an instrument which as a fully fledged uncircumcised bloke I never had to encounter! PHEW!!! :0)

Bettina said...

Is it something to do with the couplings on trains?

Mr V said...

I'm thinking it's got something to do with an old milk cart or something.

Couldn't give you anything more specific than that though. Something to hold bits together, I would imagine.

LiD said...

Umm, it tightens around something. No maybe it ...has something to do with urgh, towing cars...pathetic but best I can do with this.

anonymum said...

Is it a rowlock for a boat?

Pip said...

Its a clamp for using vulcanising patches to repair punctured innertubes for flat tyres.

I used to use one to repair the tubes for my bicycle when I were a youngster.

Andrew said...

Pip has it. The vulcanising patch with metal applicating frame needed an even application of pressure.

Brian Hughes said...

It's a dead man's handle for a mouse tram.

Jayne said...

You've got it, Pip! :)

Kelley said...

I missed it! And I so totally knew it too *snort*

Thanks for the lovin' on the sidebar! Smootches!

Jayne said...

Course you did Kelley ;)lol
No probs :)

Lightening said...

ROFLOL. That was great fun. Some very interesting guesses there too. Glad to see I wasn't the only one without a clue. :)

Jayne said...

I was scratching my head when The Spouse plonked it front of me, too, Lightening lol.

ShareThis