Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Name That....


...Thing!

Hints this week -
  • It's commonly found in churches.
  • It's nice on the old nose.
  • It can be swung and/or hung.
It should be pretty easy for most of you but have as many guesses as you want, the only prize for the winner is the right to do the I Know It All Hand Jive for 5 mins while grinning smugly at everyone within a 10 km radius, with you and your blog's name listed as the winner in my sidebar.

Both Irish Lad and Bettina have it - it's an incence holder called a Censor/Thurible, which isn't quite thrown around wink but swung or hung to scent the church during a service.
You both may go forth and smugly smirk at all for 5 mins!

Thanks to all who had a go, the next Name That...Thing challenge will be posted again next Tuesday.

7 comments:

Oirishlad said...

An incense holder that priests threw at lent and funerals.

Widdle Shamrock said...

lol, not exactly threw around as such son, but swung around.

Bettina said...

I do believe its called a censor or a thurible

Brian Hughes said...

It's the ballcock out of Queen Victoria's toilet.

Jess said...

Ahhh, I've been beaten to the punch. It is indeed a censor, and a very nice one at that :)

ELIZABETH said...

I received one similar and it was full of tiny cute gifts. The card said it was a treasure ball and I was to fill it up and pass it on.

Just threw that in for interest sake.

miss diarist said...

Damn my coming to the page too late - I knew this one, too!

ShareThis