Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Name That....

(click image for larger view)
Hints this week -
  • It's an American kitchen utensil (so the label says).
  • Surprisingly, as it's a kitchen utensil, it's for a particular type of food.
  • It's yellow.
  • That's a red ruler underneath.
  • No, it's not for mixing concrete.
  • Or tile grout.
Have as many guesses as you like, the sillier the better (it distracts me from the cat stealing my cuppa).
The winner gets to have his/her name up in the sidebar and is allowed to prance their smarty pants around the interwebs for a full 5mins.
Loved all your guesses/suggestions - perhaps I'll post it to Brian for those pie fillings? - but no one got it.
According to the label inscribed on the handle it's an "American Pie Whisk".
No jokes about that one time, at band camp....please!


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. A slapper for the hand that reaches for a still warm biscuit? Or perhaps for folding. If that is not it, no matter, I think it work well for folding meringue.

  3. an egg stirrer for scrambling eggs?

  4. It's a fly swatter that slices and dices at the same time, thus creating instant fillings for Tesco's home brand pies.

  5. Is it for custard?

    I think my great grandma had one of those but buggered if I know what she used it for!!


  6. Hmmm....I don't have one of those things, but I would guess it might be used to cut some kind of vegetable. and the yellow color is really pretty.

  7. Reminds me of something tupperware would give out at a home party.

    Oddly useful/useless at the same time.

    Does it scrape a surface of some kind?

  8. We try to convince housewives that the red(Republican) States will be bigger, better, longer - than anything with vague colour and holes?