Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Name That....

.......Thing!
Today's Thing is brought to you courtesy of Andrew. 
Click on image for larger view.

Hint this week -
You need this to go places.

Usual rules apply - have as many guesses as you like, the winner gets their name in my sidebar and the rest of us are allowed to watch them smirk smugly for 5 mins.

Jeanie got it -it's an old lift control for making the lift ascend and descend  (3rd floor Ladies Lingerie, are you being served?!)
Congrats and now go forth to do your smug smirking for 5 mins, Jeanie!
Well done to all who had a go, next Thing will appear on the usual day of Tuesday.

10 comments:

tiff said...

Is it a ticket dispenser?
Ugh, I don't know.

Oirishlad said...

It's a handle used for a train.

jeanie said...

I am thinking it is a lift thingy to make the lift go up and down.

pure evyl said...

I'm thinking that Jeanie is right.

Hilary said...

I'm pretty sure jeanie is right because, believe it or not, I have been in a lift with one of those things. In fact I think Myer in Melbourne migth have still had them in the lifts circa 1980 if memory serves.

Daniel said...

Agree with Jeannie. The lifts at the western end of Myer Bourke St until recently were still manually operated. Dunno if they'll still be there after the renovation. I think there's one or two elsewhere... the Capitol Arcade and the Nicholas Building ring a bell, but I'm not sure.

Brian Hughes said...

It looks remarkably like the clapped out electricity meter tucked away in the corner of my living room...only more modern.

Andrew said...

Lol at Jeanie's description.

ELIZABETH said...

I agree with jeanie.

Just need the smartly dressed woman in the white gloves to make it work.

Widdle Shamrock said...

Hmm, I thought it was a train thingy too, but now Jeanie has mentioned a lift thingy, I would agree.

ShareThis