Sunday, March 22, 2009

Gleimous hagfish !!

Nice title, eh?

Well, Frisky Librarian (who happens to also be a Jayne but let's not get confusing) discovered this site - Save The Words - where one may adopt words that are disappearing and, by caring for it, using it frequently and spreading the word (pun intended) one may foster a word to return it back to the world where it will flourish in many uttered and written ways.

 
So, yes, gleimous will be thrown about with gay abandon, spoken and gossiped about in gleimous glee, tossed in sarcastic monologues at half-wits with gleimous grey matter who dare disturb me (hello, you sad little stalker-ish gleimous sack of shyte), I shall inform those with gleimous habits to remove themselves from the general public or at least stay out of my personal space.....

Gleimous ; slimy, full of phlegm.
Gotta love them words!!!

6 comments:

Anja said...

What a marvellous idea. Let's all contribute to saving this rich and beautiful language.

I shall adopt a word tomorrow. :)

JahTeh said...

Have you ever seen a Hagfish? That word is so descriptive of a hagfish.

frog ponds rock... said...

I love it. it reminds me of a line from the jabberwocky lol..

Brian Hughes said...

Having studied the conversations of schoolkids on the local tram, I think saving words from obscurity is now as monumental a task as saving the planet. I can predict (with Orwellian confidence) that by the year 2020 the only words left in the English vocabularly will be 'F*ck' 'F*cking' 'Off' 'Sad' 'Tw*t' 'B*llocks' and 'Yer wart?'

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I feel like a gleimous hagfish with my very sore gleimous throat LOL ...

so are we going to get a new word a day ?

Jayne said...

ROFLMFAO!

Excellent, Anja, let's bamboozle the bodgie brains :P

Yes, I've had the unfortunate pleasure, J, it was the first thing that came to mind when I learnt what the word meant lol.

Twas brillig and the slithey toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe (with the gleimous hagfish)...yep, fits in perfectly, Kim lol ;)

Just throw a few f*ck's in there and they'll understand just fine, Brian:P

Ouch, hope you're feeling better, Trish!
Yes, I think I might throw a word a day in ;)

ShareThis