Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Can't take the heat? Cry racism.

Yep, it's all over the media with some getting their tits in a tangle about how 'shockingly' racist Australia is, according to the bloke who screwed over our telco.
Do I give a flying fat rat's clacker about Sol whatshisface?
Not a fart in a thunderstorm of one.
He's a rude, inconsiderate dipshit.
He came to our country, made no effort to learn our culture, our sense of humour or what makes us tick, got paid $31 million and went home to sook and whine about those nasty racists in Oz.
Here's a tip, Sol-baby - grow a pair of frigging balls and grow the fuck up.
Here in Oz we stir for a laugh; on the whole there's no malice intended and once there's a laugh, that's it.
Over and done with.
But if we don't like you it's coz We.Don't.Like.YOU.
Not the colour of your bloody skin or your parentage or who was rooting who in your family tree.
Like Serena Williams back in 2003 you can't grasp the fact people just do not like you for you so you play the racism card.
And I sure as shit on a shovel am NOT gonna start liking someone just in case I might upset them coz they've got a different skin colour or come from a minority background.
Sol, and Serena, you can kiss my ring hole.

10 comments:

Anja said...

And there's no farkin' racism in old Sol's neck of the farkin' woods? There's no bloody sense of humour or should I say 'humor' over there, either.

The man's a dropkick. He left with 31 million reasons to think we're wonderful. We have 31 million reasons to hate his guts.

Anja said...

And there's no farkin' racism in old Sol's neck of the farkin' woods? There's no bloody sense of humour or should I say 'humor' over there, either.

The man's a dropkick. He left with 31 million reasons to think we're wonderful. We have 31 million reasons to hate his guts.

SmittenKitteh said...

Or as my mister likes to say, give him a Tablespoon of concrete so he can harden the fuck up. :)

dam buster said...

A couple of things.. He should grow some 'cahones'. He might understand that better.

Now he has the $31M he can afford to build a bridge and get the fuck over it!

Timespanner said...

I feel I should tread very carefully here, so -- I'll apologise already if I cause offence.

I don't understand this Aussie tradition of "stirring" myself. At least not when it goes on and on against people. We stir here in NZ, yes -- but when it continues, it's not a joke, it's just negative.

There's two sites I've found commenting on this business regarding Sol Trujillo (who sounds very American -- why on earth would the stir about "Three Amigos" come up? Why was his ancestry raised again and again?). Why not diss him about being an American import -- why did the fact that he's Hispanic enter the picture?

Woolly DaysCrikeyIn the past, I've felt fairly well bashed around by "stirring" from Australians online. Mainly done, in my case when it happened, because I was just not welcome. It felt like bullying.

I probably shouldn't speak up about this business now regarding the BBC comments, as a Kiwi and therefore an outsider, but ... I feel welcome here, so I'm taking the risk.

Jayne said...

Lisa, don't hesitate to question, please!
Some stirring is taken too far, even when people have asked that it cease. That is no longer a 'friendly stir' but is bullying and it's pretty obvious to the onlooker and those inflicting it.
The cartoons about Sol were addressed here and (in my mind at least) there's little difference to the cartoonists who painted our PM as The Milky Bar kid in chaps, hat, guns, John Howard as a tiny little bloke, etc. They get a particular aspect about a person in the public eyes and exaggerate it - like Thatcher's hair, Deputy PM Julia Gillard's nose,etc, to make that character instantly recognisable to the reader.
Sol was on the back foot with all the public (even shareholders) due to the way he ran the telco (refusing to discuss anything with unions, putting in workplace agreements that had people working for poor wages, etc). It was his attitude and manner no one liked.
He had little contact with Joe Blow on the street, he only mixed in high circles so I seriously doubt he received any brutal type of stirring like you've experienced, Lisa.

Timespanner said...

Thanks, Jayne. When I listened to him online just now, he sounded American, fairly experienced in his field -- but perhaps he was also a wee bit arrogant about his knowledge as well? I will admit that calling a country "backward" after you've received so much is a bit off.

River said...

I'm ignoring all of that and dreaming of what I could do with $31m.

Jayne said...

I think just about half of Oz is doing that very thing, too, River lol!

Mistress B said...

31 mil would buy us a lot of jackaroos for our brubmy station now wouldnt it.............. ;)

ShareThis