Thursday, May 28, 2009

She's a Guh-nah, Guh-nah, Guh-nah never get around to it.

I thought I’d have a bit of a rant as I’ve had quite enough of my house mates and if I don’t get it off my chest it will well up like a volcano and wipe out half the populous like a horrific explosion of pompe proportions.
Now, before I go any further I want to make something VERY clear to you. I’m not the tidiest person in the world and I’m not going to make a claim like that just to exaggerate the situation. However I do like to cook my food using clean dishes, have a snack on plates that are already clean, dried and put away and I like to put my plate down on a tidy surface when I’m eating… Not to mention when we have guests over…
Also my mister works 12-14 hours a day labor and then has to travel for approx an hour to and then another hour back from work. So when he gets home, house work is the last thing on his mind…

But my house mates are driving me up the friggin wall!!!!
One of them is a “Guh-nah” gal, she quite nice, but she’ll tell you not to do the dishes (since my partner and I are the only ones who are doing them everyday… including theirs) and says that she’s “guh-nah do them tomorrow” since she’s got the day off… or she’s guh-nah do them after work tomorrow. But she’s guh-nah never get around to it! Including last night when she was cooking dinner for herself and said that since I needed the saucepan also, she’d wash it before she sits down to eat so that I could use it… and there I was, scrubbing that saucepan muttering to myself some profanities that would make even the Anti Christ blush!
The other is a Guh-nah avoid it at all costs! This girl isn’t even on the lease and before her we were happily working as a team and co-contributing to groceries.
When I mentioned to Miss Guh-nah-get-around-to-it that she’s not paid for any food that she’s eaten, and never cleans up after herself and that my mister and I are getting quite sick of it… Miss Guh-nah-get-around-to-it said that she’d have a chat with her. Nothing changed and when I heard Miss Guh-nah-avoid-house-work say to Miss Guh-nah-get-around-to-it and myself, “Don’t touch that rice, its mine.” I nearly flipped like Patrick Bateman and ripped her apart with anything that was lying near by… and if there wasn’t anything lying near by I would have used my teeth.
So I told Miss Guh-nah-get-around-to-it that she’s peeving my mister and myself off and as he and I make up the majority of the lease we had right to kick her out and find someone else… if she didn’t pull her empty head out of her arse and did some house work and contributed like the rest of us.
(At this point we separated our foods and no longer cook as a whole house… Since then, I’ve noticed that my mister and I are eating more healthily… and these Miss’s are close to never eating a home cooked meal…)
Now, when Miss Guh-nah-avoid-house-work heard this she didn’t like it one bit! She stormed out to the front of the house to where mister and I were, and with the gusto of a preschooler had a tantrum like no mentally unstable celebrity has ever done before. At this point I might mention that she didn’t actually mention anything about not doing anything around the house… all she rambled about was how much she doesn’t like me and blah blah blah… I can also quote her on saying, “The only reason I stay here is to help everyone by paying rent!” To which I stated, “Well I can more than easily find someone else to do that, who can actually clean up after themselves.”
And since then there has been a silence between us that is so very relieving to hear that I almost wee myself with joy every time I come home… until last night...
I noticed that both Miss’s were using plastic cups with their dinner instead of glasses… when I asked why they were using them, Miss Guh-nah-get-around-to-it stated, “Less dishes.” I was absolutely horrified! First off, THEY never do their dishes… I DO. (Because it’s a lesser of two evils… The bigger evil is to leave the dishes there for them to do and have a stench in the house.) Second, that’s more rubbish that I have to chase after. And finally, that is the laziest thing I’ve ever heard of!

I’m at my wits end, and I have to put up with them for another bloody three months before I can escape! I’m getting to a point where homicide would be condoned by any court of my peers, and generally hacking them into little pieces sound like more fun than an amusement park!

Okay. Vent vented you may now go one with your day.


funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

cat
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

9 comments:

Brian Hughes said...

"I noticed that both Miss’s were using plastic cups with their dinner instead of glasses...I was absolutely horrified!"

Quite right. Completely environmentally unsound. They should use paper cups and plates etc, like civilised people, thus saving water that would otherwise be used for washing up and cutting down on the amount of enivornmentally unfriendly detergent used in the process.

dam buster said...

plastic cups?
what next eat on paper plates and use plastic forks?
eat over the sink?
drink straight from the bottle / carton?

unreal. That is up there with some of the laziest work ever!

A.Marie said...

Oh my...I found your blog when I was "doing the drop" with Entrecard, and I had a momentary flashback to my college days. I lived in a big house on campus, and one of my housemates was assigned dish duty one week. Well, none of us could figure out why the water coming out of the fauct was so bubbly all of the sudden. Everytime we went to fill a glass, there were bubbles. I took a closer look at the bubbles, and realized that they were soap bubbles! Then we found out that this gal had never, ever done dishes in her life up until this point. She would put about 1/2-1 CUP of soap in the sinkful of water, wash the dishes, and then stack them to dry. She did not know that you were supposed to dry them! UGH...GOSH...PHOOEY! I am feeling your pain...... :):)

SmittenKitteh said...

yummo A.Marie!
sounds disgusting...
see the problem with these house mates is that they KNOW how to do it... one of them is a couple of weeks shy of her THIRTY FIRST birthday! and the other has been living out of home longer than i have.

these people have raised my pulse too many times... it seems like every night i've got bloody pumping in my ears! :S

and i'm usually a pretty calm, patient person... i work in a call centre for gods sake and the callers that abuse me dont pee me off as much!

jeanie said...

lol I remember share houses!!

I once lived in one where we had a "welcome" dinner when I brought over the bond 3 days before I moved in - the dishes were still there when I got there. We had about 30 mugs, and all of these would be used before the other 2 girls would go on to using the last one OVER and OVER rather than wash up - I did experiments and found if I washed every day, they could use all 30 in the day! My solution was to hide 20 of them.

jeanie said...

lol I remember share houses!!

I once lived in one where we had a "welcome" dinner when I brought over the bond 3 days before I moved in - the dishes were still there when I got there. We had about 30 mugs, and all of these would be used before the other 2 girls would go on to using the last one OVER and OVER rather than wash up - I did experiments and found if I washed every day, they could use all 30 in the day! My solution was to hide 20 of them.

Anja said...

Gebus wheezus do I know this situation well.

Remember, mother has a vegie patch for the disposal of remains. Use it, use it wisely.

River said...

Three months isn't such a very long time. Stick it out with as little animosity as you can. Place a garbage bin right next to the table so they can chuck their disposable dishes right into it?

Mistress B said...

That sounds absolutely horrible SK!

I really feel for you.

ShareThis