Friday, June 26, 2009

Hum a few bars and I'll join in shortly....

Feral Beast received a Distinction for his exam.
I have new sheepskin moccasins enveloping my tootsies in lush warmth.
The chooks are laying double yolkers.
The Goddess is in her Heaven and all's right with the world.

Today is the Feast Day of the Lares, small household Gods of Ancient Roman Mythology but tis better not to take any chances and set up an alter for the little beggars asap.

1971 Work began on Melbourne's underground railway system.
Yes, the State Govt believes in resting squarely on the laurels of past acheivements.
Although the glow you're basking in has faded somewhat, Brumby.

1975 Mark Williams, who became lead singer of pop group Dragon in 2005, first hit the number 1 spot in The Shaky Isles with "Yesterday was just the beginning of my life" for three weeks.

1978 A delegation made up of a small number of GLBT protesters met with Neville Wran, NSW Premier, to discuss the arrests at Mardi Gras.

1978 In Adelaide the NSW Tourist Bureau was picketed by 50 GLBT protesters over the police arrests at Mardi Gras.

1983 Stop the presses!
The Melbourne Cricket Club voted to admit women as members.
See, Hell didn't freeze over nor the sky fall down, boys.

1858
 
Picturesque gardens are just the spot for a ploughing match...!

6 comments:

Les Becker said...

"The chooks are laying double yolkers."

Okay. 'Splain to me this chooks and yolkers, Jayne.

Jayne said...

LOL
OK Les - my chickens (chooks) are laying eggs with 2 yolks inside instead of a single one.
Don't know if that actually counts as 2 eggs in one but it's a nice surprise when we find 'em! lol

anonymum said...

Well done on the distinction!
**thunderous applause**
And yay for moccies...I love my fluffy feet! Can't do winter without them, not even in the tropics...
Double yolkers are great..I worked on a poultry farm for a while, and we used to get them to take home, cos the eggs were sent to the hatchery and of course the doubles were no good for that...
I remember the hooha over the MCC thing..took the bastards till then to pull their heads out of their puckered little butts. Tradition is one thing, being anal is another...

Jayne said...

Yay you're back in the land of All Things That Buzz, Mr Hughes!
And yes, please feel free to borrow a patch of my vegie garden to hide the body ;)

River said...

Double yolkers make great sponge cakes. I love my sheepskin slippers too.

Amanda said...

Wooohooo on the distinction! Those babies are wonderful :)

and I'm incredibly jealous - my recalcitrant chooks have not laid a single egg (leave alone a double yolker) since before Easter and they are all re-feathered and their wobbly bits are bright red. Will have to mention chicken soup to them.

ShareThis