Sunday, June 7, 2009

Selective Seven, of the June Variety

I was going to use sleight of hand - or in this case photos - to distract you from the fact that there are few entries on this day.

1881 What-ho!
The railway line from Lancefield Junction to Lancefield opened with a toot and a rush of steam.
If you think you have misplaced Lancefield Junction it is better known these days as Clarkfield.

But Google or Blogger is having a bad moment...or the moon is in the wrong quadrant to complete this task...or there's a leprechaun in my soup....

1917 Kiwis, Aussies and Brits took part in the Battle of Messines, which resulted in 24,000 casulaties all told.
For more information click HERE, HERE and HERE.

Nope, there it goes again, pasting the red failed sign up where I should be seeing happy snaps of spiders and chimneys.
You don't know what you're missing with my chimney selection.
I know one or three of you who will be happy to live without the spiders, though...

And none of you noticed there was a massive conspiracy to not complete any event on this date in history.....

Edit @ 10:21am
The pictures are finally uploading....Adore the 'pidey... Adore it I say!

 
  
 

3 comments:

Brian Hughes said...

"...there's a leprechaun in my soup...."

Ah...pea soup then, is it?

River said...

Diner; what's this leprechaun doing in my soup?

Waiter; it looks like breaststroke sir.

Jayne said...

To be sure, to be sure, Bri-yon :P

Excellent, River, encore!
LOL

ShareThis