Saturday, August 15, 2009

Slide night, bring a plate!

Yes, a second post on the same subject to to over-whelming demand number of photos that need to be purged.
 
Big.
Tree.

 
Dead.
Tree.

 
Two Redwoods planted in 1920.
Tall trees.

 
Wombat claw marks.
Fear not, I resisted taking snaps of the piles of wombat poo.

 
New tree fern fronds unfurling into life.

 
Cockatoo Creek.
Don't forget your floaties...

 
Big velvety green dead tree.

 
Wombat track.
Eats, roots and leaves.
Or
Eats roots and leaves.


 
Water, water (not quite) everywhere...
and not a drop to drink.

 
Scenic view when one emerges from one of the walking tracks.

 
Boot.
On foot of FB.
Learning that waterless creeks have sub-surface water.

 
Tree mooning everyone.

 
Wombat burrow.
Or a challenge to hide the bodies of those who have pissed us off in the world's smallest hole...

 
Another vista when we found the end of the second walking track.
Such hardships!

5 comments:

The Mutant said...

Just beneath where it says "Wombat Track" I'll pick the first one. Oh, wait you're not talking about me. Sorry.

scottsabode said...

There's buses from Oakleigh to all the way out there? You've inspired me to go to the Dandenongs before we leave. I always used to love Sassafras! PS Shame you didn't take pics of the wombat poo, it would have taught me how to spot 'em!

scottsabode said...

There's buses from Oakleigh to all the way out there? You've inspired me to go to the Dandenongs before we leave. I always used to love Sassafras! PS Shame you didn't take pics of the wombat poo, it would have taught me how to spot 'em!

Andrew said...

Yeah Jayne. I want to see wombat poo too. I forget what it looks like.

Jayne said...

You've been clawing up the park with your talons of late, Mutant?!

Yep, easy trip, enjoy a wine or two from some of the lovely licensed cafes/restaurants and enjoy the scenery, Scott ;)

LOL Andrew, Wombat poo is square.
No, seriously, it's cubed.
Which makes my head hurt trying to figure that one out!!!

ShareThis