Thursday, February 4, 2010

More smutty sing-a-longs to terrify the youngsters into therapy for life

 After yesterday's overwhelming applause for Dad's smutty song I thought I'd give you the chorus of The Bastard King of England.

He was lousy and dirty and covered in fleas,
The hair on his balls hung down to his knees,
And he had his women in twos and threes.
God bless the Bastard King of England.

1885 Canada's first chicky babe senator, Cairine Wilson, was delivered by the stork in Montreal.
For full bio (and lovely portrait) click HERE.

1971 The Great Moscow Circus performed in NZ for the first time in North Hagley Park until the 14th.

1976 The Nova Scotia Supreme Court ruled that the province did not have the power or the right to censor motion pictures.
So HA! Take that!

1985 The Waitangi Tribunal were given the authority to hear grievances arising since 1840 of traditional Maori land being illegally grabbed.

1993 The then Vic Govt reached a compromise with trammies to keep services the govt were threatening to close but lose the conductors on the trams.
See, boys and girls, politics are all a game of bluff and counter-bluff (with the occasional act of savagery to keep people guessing); find your opponents' thing they value the most which is called their Achilles's Heel, put it under threat and the world is then your oyster.
Here endeth the lesson in future world domination.

1997 The then Gov-Gen Sir William Deane launched the report 'The Health and Well Being of Australia's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples'.
Which, if today is anything to go by, would make for shameful reading.

10 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

LMAO, bring on the songs love. My Nan used to have so many dittys thanks to her up bringing in an orphanage that she would make me laugh. Even in her later years when she lived with me se would sit there and all of a sudden break out in song. We would have great laughs... God I miss her terribly.

Andrew said...

I remember that ditty. I think it was on a vinyl LP called R or something like that. Very rude and very funny. I can recall bits of it. I put my finger in the woodpeckers hole and the wood pecker said god bless my soul, take it out, take it out, take it out, remove it.

LiD said...

So today was the terrible day when they removed sanity from the trams and replaced it with roving gangs of inspectors.Bah. For some reason I thought it was even earlier than that.

LOL on the songs - Coles will never be the same which is good. :)

Jayne said...

Your Nan sounds like a lovely person to have known, Cazzie ;)

I feel that all dirty ditties should be preserved, Andrew, by a society with many grants from govts as they are the inspiration for most of them in the first place!

Yes, LiD, it just feels much, much longer since commonsense was kicked to the kerb with the connies.

Mad Bush Farm said...

Okay the blog troll is back..again.

Heck I thought that song was about my ex-husband for a moment...wasn't there a poem or a song called The Bastard from The Bush?..Jayne you're making me feel ancient. I remember the TV ad for the Great Moscow Circus being advertised on our then single channel TV station the NZBC..cripes now I'm going to go into a depression...back under my bridge now..and as usual you've caused me to laugh..not seemly for a blog troll y'know..

Jayne said...

LOL Hi, Liz, I'll see if I can tone it down and have you merely smirking tomorrow ;)

River said...

@Andrew; I remember that woodpecker one.
"I put my finger in a woodpecker's hole and the woodpecker said god bless my soul, remove it.
So I took my finger from the woodpecker's hole and the woodpecker said, god bless my soul, replace it.
So I put my finger in the woodpecker's hole and the woodpecker said, god bless my soul, revolve it."
(another one from my old mum-in-law, she was full of them.)

Andrew said...

River, I guess mine was a little different because it was changed to a song. Interesting that it has been around a long time.

Andrew said...

River, I guess mine was a little different because it was changed to a song. Interesting that it has been around a long time.

Jayne said...

River, I'm impressed lol.

ShareThis