Friday, March 26, 2010

There it is again....with Elvis

Foyle neatly sidestepped the two furry newcomers, who were shown to the children and furry critter's dining room (Children and Furry Critters Eat Free on Fridays) and approached the bloody murderer at the adjoining table.
"Excuse me, sir? Would you happen to be Jack the Ripper?"
"Yer, what's it to ya?" was the not-so-polite reply from the surly, sneering face.
"Well, it appears to be Friday by our writer's sun dial which means you've overstayed the villains half price Tuesdays, again," Foyle commented, adding, "I'd pay up fast, there's Aussie birthday boy Chips Rafferty over there and I think this is his preferred table."
Snapping and snarling to himself Jack shuffled off stage left towards the dingy exit reserved for villains such as he before wandering out of our story completely to spectate at the first cremation in Great Britain, in 1885.
Cos he was that sort of a cheery chappy.
As Janis Joplin seated Chips at the table he leant towards Joan Hickson and remarked,
"Cheer up, love, the NZ Broadcasting Board debuted today in Dunedin in 1936, it has to be better than waking up to Ann Widdecombe garden gnomes in your bed."
Stifling her girlish giggles Joan busied herself with her serviette which suddenly needed a great deal of attention.
Alleyn watched dispassionately before stating,
"He's been flying with the green fairy a great deal of late, I wouldn't put much stock in anything he says."
Opening her mouth to snap a retort both Joan and the room at large were momentarily stunned into silence when Dominic Da Vinci sailed through the room towards the children's entertainment area, announcing as he passed,
"Prince Edward Isle voted to ban cars today in 1908. And they still let the likes of me become mayor!"
As the curtains on the stage parted to reveal the musical accompaniment to their meal Sherlock noted, to the room at large,
"I see Good Queen Bess can still thrash a lute worth her while," as Queen Elizabeth I and Jimi Hendrix began performing a duet of The Prodigy's Firestarter with Elvis providing vocals.

3 comments:

LiD said...

LOL, very entertaining Jayne, but I think I have some catching up to do, as I can see there are many twists and turns to the plot. Did Inspector Morse get a cameo anywhere?

Brian Hughes said...

I'm trying to give up smoking here...and I think I'm starting to hallucinate.

Jayne said...

Thanks, LiD, Morse hasn't got a peep yet but I haven't forgotten him ;)

I've given up smoking and I'm still hallucinating here, Brian :P

ShareThis