Saturday, May 29, 2010

Babble

1807 The first peal of church bells was heard by all and sundry in the colony when St Phillips Church in Sydney began belting out a tune.
1894 Fantabulously funny actress Beatrice Lillie aka Lady Peel was dropped off by the stork in Toronto. Read her bio HERE.
1953 A beekeeper and an Sherpa conquered Everest. Read more about them HERE.

We're happy to report that there will be no further displays of Tony's budgie smugglers on this blog...so you won't need the industrial strength cleanser to wash your eyeballs with.

Yellow = New Zealand
Orange  = Canada
Green = Australian
Red = UK or other nationality
Italics, bold and coloured blue are links to further info.
Anything outrageous is usually sarcasm and/or humour.

8 comments:

miss diarist said...

I wonder how many schoolkids these days can name both the beekeeper and the sherpa? I could.

Andrew said...

Re Tony, I clicked and I regret.

River said...

I don't understand why anyone would want to climb a mountain. So much hard exercise involved. The most climbing I ever do is on my two step ladder to reach the high shelf of the kitchen cabinet. The effort involved in getting the ladder out, opening it, then putting it away again is enough to drive me to chocolate!

Brian Hughes said...

I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that Edmund Hillary spent most the climb posing for photographs in the nuddy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well DeBug certainly kills when it hits ur eyes, lol :)
Cazzie!!!

rhubarbwhine said...

No more budgie smugglers? No more snorting my morning cuppa! :)

lavenderbay said...

I've heard of Sir Eddy and Mr Tenzing, but not of Beatrice Lillie. Not much of a Canadian, am I?

Jayne said...

It's sad, MD, that it's not common knowledge these days.

Frank Sinatra sang about his regrets, Andrew :P

Chocolate mountain I'd climb, River :P

Yet they kept schtum on his frostbitten bits, Brian ;)

LOL Cazzie ;)

Your monitor is safe, Rhu ;)

You're obviously a young 'un, laverbay ;)

ShareThis