Thursday, August 19, 2010

Only 1 more sleep weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well, there'll be at least one more night of bathing by moonlight in this neck of woods as the shower is delayed a little more.
The poor possum mafia will just have to cope with this stupid pink monkey doing laps in the tub whilst the furbaby stands guard *snort*.

1809 John Molson launched his wooden paddle steamship, PS Accommodation, upon the waves of the St Lawrence River, the first Canadian steamship built entirely in North America.
1840 Tailors in Sydney and carpenters in Melbourne went on strike for higher wages.
The impertinence of the cheeky devils! 
If living below the poverty line was good enough for their forebears, surely it's good enough for them? *that's my tongue in my cheek*
1944 Pilot Officer James Stellin sacrificed his own life to save 370 in a French village.
Full details HERE.

The Nylex Clock is still busted.
Yellow = New Zealand
Orange  = Canada
Green = Australian
Red = UK or other nationality
Italics, bold and coloured blue are links to further info. 
Anything outrageous is usually sarcasm and/or humour

4 comments:

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Perhaps you will want to keep your outdoor bath tub. It did sound relaxing but maybe not? -- barbara

Andrew said...

Just calculating how many staff I would need to run the Bendigo house.

Sad that you have to add, 'tongue in my cheek' and 'anything outrageous'.

Kiwi Nomad 2008 said...

lol think of your time without a shower as solidarity with me with a broken arm. I bought a fancy dancy cover for the cast so I could shower, but first cast was too fat for it. Then thumb was too sore to get it on. Now I have been able to shower every day for a week, and it is surprising that I haven't been late for work, as I have been really lingering under that warm lovely shower!

River said...

Living below the poverty line might have been good enough for my forebears, but I'm greedy. I want a little extra. At least enough to have chocolate after my cabbage water soup.

If you're getting desperate for a shower, you could hook up the garden hose over a tree branch...

ShareThis