Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back on the blog again

Well.
Had some news we had to digest and get our heads around the other day.
The news was huge - apart from the fact my son is probably having Complex Partial Seizures due to the head injury he received from being pushed off a trampoline in January last year - we had to contend with something massive....
The fact yesterday was the first of SPRING and what it meant.
C'mon, you know what that means.
Don't you?
Oh, alright, I'll explain it for you.
I had to log the new growth forest.
The legs had to be hedge-trimmed with the hubby's extra heavy-duty razor.
He complained last year when I used the Whipper-Snipper, totally blunted it's cutting edge.
So now....his razors are back on the endangered species list while the legs get aired in the (very little) sunshine.
Now, I won't rewind and waffle about yesterday's Wattle Day events, suffice it to give you the Philosophy Department of the University of Woolloomooloo.
This here's the wattle the emblem of our land, you can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand.
No poofters?
I think they doth protest too much *snigger*

1861 Just for B who is shifting down to this neck of the woods - the first bridge on the Murray River was opened at Albury.
1925 Just to give you an ear-worm for the rest of the day - the Operetta Rose-Marie opened in New York City; featuring Mounties belting it out in baritones it was later filmed Jeanette Macdonald and Nelson Eddy with the infamous Indian Love Call.
Garn, join in - "When I'm caaaaaaaaaaaalling yooooooooooooou......I will answer toooooooooooooooooo....."
1960 Kiwi foot sloggers won gold in Rome.

The Nylex Clock is still busted.
Yellow = New Zealand
Orange  = Canada
Green = Australian
Red = UK or other nationality
Italics, bold and coloured blue are links to further info. 
Anything outrageous is usually sarcasm and/or humour

6 comments:

Debby said...

Thank you for that ear worm. My parents actually had an album that included this song, and I know it all. Allllll of it. And now, I will go to bed with this song in my head. Jayne- at this point, I believe that you might be evil. Really.

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

I hope all is going to all right with your son -- barbara

Kiwi Nomad 2008 said...

Sorry to hear about your son, and hope there are ways the seizures can be controlled /reduced.
Though we had sunshine yesterday, we are back to cool rain today- so no need to trim any hedges!

River said...

You made me check my own hairy legs. I decided they can wait until it truly is shorts weather, much closer to christmas.

Jayne said...

Yes, Debby.
I am :P

Thanks, Barbara, I'm sure we'll muddle through as usual :)

Sun peeped out here then hid behind clouds for most of the day, Kiwi, brrr.

Huntsman spiders could have hidden on mine, River lol.

lavenderbay said...

That was a nice bit of entertainment, first the song and then Monty Python. When it originally played on TV it was on too late for me to watch. Now I finally know where "stuck up stickywick" comes from!

ShareThis