Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The land of milk and honey Part 1

A few pics to let your mind wander away from the dull work you're faced with....

Photobucket
A pair of picket gates under a giant peppercorn tree.
House is hidden waaaaay in back behind more trees and enough shrubbery to conceal Lord Lucan.

Photobucket
If you click on the pic you'll get a larger image.
Hard Hills was apt for the hard slog the diggers had when they tried to make their squillions out there.

Photobucket
The road out there was windy and interesting - and so corrugated we almost turned out ankles on the rocks and pebbles.

Photobucket
These majestic trees were everywhere we looked, posing in grand manners for the camera that I couldn't resist!

Photobucket
Big vistas like this would open up suddenly as we rounded another twist in the track.

Photobucket
Holes like this were appearing in odd spots all over the shop, not surprisingly this one is on a road.

Photobucket
A big mofo ant's nest.
With major big mofo ants that made bull ants look tiny.
We discovered how quickly we could walk at this point.

Photobucket
Drink it in, maaaaaaaate.

Photobucket
Bottoms up!

Photobucket
The frogs croaking in these ponds were some of the loudest we've heard.
Yes, through sheer bloody determiniation they win this year's So You Think You're An Amphibian Mime.

Photobucket
Yes, that is the road crossing that creek formerly a raging river a mere fortnight earlier.

Photobucket
This is the results of a river crossing - wire fencing all battered.

Photobucket
Another wee spot of the damp stuff.
Complete with deafening frog chorus.

Photobucket
This is actually a tide mark on a road in Dunolly.

Photobucket
No Thomas or Percy or Puffing Billy on this twack.

And we shall leave it there because I need my beauty sleep and have to drag Dad off to the doctor again in the morning.
So.
Nighty night.
©

7 comments:

J Bar said...

Interesting set of shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

ELIZABETH said...

I googled Peppercorn tree rather than assuming it grew pepper ( sometimes the obvious is not or is depending on the day and phase of the moon ) and learned that it grows red pepper.

So I got to see photos and I learned something new. My day is now complete!

LiD said...

Thanks, Jayne.

Great photos. I very much enjoyed that stroll.

River said...

I call dibs on the house way behind the gates under the giant pepper tree.
Sounds like heaven to me.
Of course my tiny corner of Adelaide is also heaven to me.
But I yearn for space around me.

Jayne said...

Thanks, J Bar :)

LOL Glad you enjoyed it, Elizabeth :)

More to come, LiD, just a bit stretched atm ;)

What I could see of the house from the road, River, is a red brick 1850s mining era house with a tin roof (I think) and a humongous spread of land all around it.
Plus the equally humongous "PRIVATE PROPERTY KEEP OUT TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED PRIVATE PROPERTY NO RABBIT SHOOTING STAY OUT" sign.

River said...

Hmmm, maybe if I sweet talk the owner. Maybe bring him one of my famous home made apple pies....

lavenderbay said...

I love the colours on the bark of that big tree.

ShareThis