Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pretty petals for precious poppets

Took feral beastie out to Brighton and 'stole' some colour snaps for those who are
A) heading into Winter and
B) hankering for some colour.

Photobucket
This one (above) and this one (below)
Photobucket
are only 2 in a whole slew of similar style houses, Edwardian-era, in the same street, obviously built by the same bloke.
Photobucket
Look at that cupola!
Doesn't it almost-but-not-quite scream Callie's Castle to you?
Failing that, how about deranged architect hitting the hops early in his career?

He used to give me...
Photobucket
...Roses....
Photobucket
...I wish he would again....
Photobucket
Name That Tune!
And you, too, could have a week of nightmares in which The Freak performs unspeakable things to you...

And the good old Elwood canal
Photobucket
Where one would be hard pushed to see any gondolas...

More colour...
Photobucket
...and more...
Photobucket
...and a dash of white...
Photobucket

8 comments:

Devi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devi said...

I love Brighton. The beach boxes are a fave. :-)

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Great architectural photos. Very different styles than we have here. -- barbara

AJ said...

Oh my stars! I'm going to have the theme from 'Prisoner' going through my head all day. ;)

The second rose looks too perfect to be real. It's amazing.

lavenderbay said...

I was thinking "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" sung by Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond. It scans right, anyway.

Andrew said...

Local school groups have been looking after Elwood Canal. It certainly shows.

River said...

Ah, the theme song from Prisoner. I remember watching almost every episode.
Love the flowers, Jayne. I posted a spot of colour today too.

The Edwardian houses are so pretty, Adelaide has a lot of Queen Anne villas. I think that's what they are, anyway.

ELIZABETH said...

pretty flowers
like the houses
never could remember song words or titles but I do remember watching The Prisoner.

ShareThis