Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September of the 14th type

Have been potting up a storm.
Shoving plants in pots, both edible greenery and the sort that are only here for their good looks.
The pansies and polyanthus' and tulips and daffs and...and...the rest of the vegie sort will flower.
Eventually.
Had an old cast iron pedestal hand basin sitting in the backyard (along with 2 old cast iron bath tubs...can you see a pattern forming here? Yes, I collect homeless bathroom ware of the cast-off cast iron variety) so I bunged a bit of wood across the plughole and planted it up with potting mix and pansies.
Stand still long enough and you, too, could have a plant shoved in somewhere!


1828 The Bank of Australia in Sydney was robbed of a large amount of money by a clever-clogs gang who broke into the strong room via a water drain.
1936 A nurse, Dorothea Palmer, was arrested for handing out birth control info; she was later acquitted.
1982 Samoans who took up permanent residency in New Zealand from this date were entitled to New Zealand citizenship.

The Nylex Clock is still busted.
Yellow = New Zealand
Orange  = Canada
Green = Australian
Red = UK or other nationality
Italics, bold and coloured blue are links to further info. 
Anything outrageous is usually sarcasm and/or humour

10 comments:

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

And here I am on the other side of the equator preparing my outdoor plants to reside inside as the frosts will soon be here. -- barbara

Andrew said...

Are you still taking a bath outdoors?

Jayne said...

Let me tell you, Barbara, it's a chilly winter heading your way if ours was anything to go by!

No, Andrew, but the plum blossom is dancing just overhead of the bath and it would be fabulous but I have a fully functioning indoor shower again and I'm a sooky woos lol.

Jayne said...

Correcting my shocking grammar in the above reply -
No, Andrew, but the plum blossom is dancing just overhead of the bath and it would be fabulous except I have a fully functioning indoor shower again and I'm a sooky woos lol.

Debby said...

When these plants become lovely and lush and all, take pictures of your cast iron planters for me. Remember it will be in the middle of our snow and cold and it will really make me jealous.

Fen said...

oh yay, i potted some parsley today from someone else's garden. Can't wait to do more.

River said...

Reminder to self; never stand still when visiting Jayne.
I love seeing things growing in old laundry tubs, spilling out over the sides.

ELIZABETH said...

I second the call for photos.

Jayne said...

Have posted a few pics today, Debby and Elizabeth :)

Ahhh!
Thanks for the reminder, Fen, keep forgetting to buy parsley!

lavenderbay said...

1936? Canada? My mum was born on Feb 29th, that country, that year. Whew! Just under the wire.

ShareThis