Sunday, September 12, 2010

Septermber 13...tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love ya tomorrow....or will I...?

I have worms.
Giant red slimy critters chomping their way through the kitchen scraps, getting all hot and bothered over the shredded paper we toss 'em and breeding like rabbits in amongst the muck.
They've been known to fling themselves madly into the teabags and revel in the mushy bits of old banana while others have been witnessed as performing questionable acts upon avocado seeds.
Yes, my compost heap is a hip, hot, happenin' pile of crap.

1882 John R. Booth opened his own railway line, the Canada-Atlantic, the lucky bugger.
1915 Not only did the Federal Govt grace us with the law that voting was compulsory in Federal Referendums but they decided we needed to give til it hurt by imposing income tax to pay for the war.
Then they sunk the boot in by telling us Bunyips and Santa didn't exist....
1985 More than 20,000 people marched across NZ to support the Homosexual Law Reform Bill.

The Nylex Clock is still busted.
Yellow = New Zealand
Orange  = Canada
Green = Australian
Red = UK or other nationality
Italics, bold and coloured blue are links to further info. 
Anything outrageous is usually sarcasm and/or humour

7 comments:

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Jayne -- Great! A compost pile/heap is such a healthy way to rid yourself of veggies and fruit plus provide for critters and soil. My favorite visitors to my pile is land turtles. They love to chomp on the scraps. And I love to discover them coming in from their habitat to chomp. -- barbara

LiD said...

Worms, glorious worms! Wot? Bunyips don't exist? Who says lol.

River said...

I tried keeping a worm farm once. Didn't work out. Clearly I did something wrong, but I'll never know what.

JahTeh said...

Ha, I've fixed you and your gardening smarts, I've sent you a book you won't be able to put down.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Doesn't sound so different from 1915, does it?!?!?!

Happy travels!

Jayne said...

I have a hubby, Barbara, d'you think he'd degrade in the pile, too? lol

Exactly, LiD!

I just compost, River, the worms come to live in each pile and snack their lil hearts out lol.

Excellent, JahTeh, thanks, I'll have a decent excuse to be gracing the sky chair instead of digging the vegies over lol.

Thanks, Red, and nope, not a scrap of difference!

lavenderbay said...

Newspaper? Hmm. We have to drive our recyclables to the bins at the mall. Maybe we should investigate this squirmiposting concept.

ShareThis