Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Roast at my house! Apple and Cranberry sauce included

Ok, coincidences are abounding over on the Dunolly and District blog.
Excitingly I've been rather organised for a change and was able to snaffle a Father's Day card into the house without Hubby finding out; feral kidlet duly filled it in and waved it under his dad's nose, earning some brownie points and a warm feeling.
Although the warm feeling may be coming from the oven where I'm roasting a pork Scotch fillet (scored and stabbed with homegrown rosemary twigs) with vegies baking merrily away (only a few homegrown the rest were liberated from the harsh conditions of the local greengrocer).
Managed to find some potted herbs and brightly coloured Polyanthus at the local Sunday market, only $1 each.
Woot!
Happy Father's day to all the Daddykins.

Looks like the worst of the flooding might be behind us although quite a few roads are still closed.
More updates on the Christchurch earthquake HERE.

1939 NZ PM declared NZ's support for Britain from his sick bed.
1945 ZEEP - Zero Energy Experimental Pile - Canada's first nuclear reactor became operational.
2008 Quentin Bryce was sworn in as the first chickybabe Guv'na Gen'ral.
Chin chin!

The Nylex Clock is still busted.
Yellow = New Zealand
Orange  = Canada
Green = Australian
Red = UK or other nationality
Italics, bold and coloured blue are links to further info. 
Anything outrageous is usually sarcasm and/or humour

6 comments:

River said...

Read your headline and grabbed my bag, ready to head on over, but then I read you were roasting pork, so I sat back down. Applesauce and cranberry are fine, but I don't like pork. Give my share to the Feral Kidlet, okay?

lavenderbay said...

Should I wear a tie?

Had no idea nuclear energy even existed (apart from bombs) in 1945. My knowledge begins with the Candu reactors (and precious little knowledge it is, despite my dad working at Pickering generating station for 25 years).

Cazzie!!! said...

See, the Aboriginal Elders were right.. the drought was sure to end this year.. and here we have it. The floods have only just begun... say Ro... wanna come with me in my Ark?

ELIZABETH said...

pork Scotch fillet ... learned a new cut today. : )

Hadn't thought about rosemary with pork, think I'll gather some from the garden and use them with my pork loin roast. yum

Jayne said...

No problem, River, it was gobbled down before you could blink lol.

No tie necessary, Lavenderbay, just bring a bib ;)

Sure, Cazzie, I'll just grab my floaties lol.

It's very delish, Elizabeth :)

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

so you do have a Fathers Day celebration too. Great dinner for the day! -- barbara

ShareThis