Saturday, September 11, 2010

Watch out, folks! She's got a gardening glove and aint afraid to use it!

Exciting times, dear reader!
I weeded the hanging baskets in which the strawberry plants Wintered.
Yes, I know, the crazy shenanigans I get up to *shakes head with a giggle* it amazes me, too!
And, seriously, I may get really wild and weed the front garden later today.
That's if I think the world can withstand the unfettered feralness of the whole event, otherwise I may just shelve the idea.
For the sake of the safety of others, you understand.

1861 The Toronto Street Railway line was opened with a flourish allowing the first horse-drawn streetcars in Canada to gracefully go forth and convey commuters quietly.
1889 Maori artifacts were found at Moncks Spur.
1973 From the 11-15 it was Gay Pride Week in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Goodness, Adelaide was certainly letting it's hair down!
I notice Perth refrained from joining in the jocularity.

The Nylex Clock is still busted.
Yellow = New Zealand
Orange  = Canada
Green = Australian
Red = UK or other nationality
Italics, bold and coloured blue are links to further info. 
Anything outrageous is usually sarcasm and/or humour

11 comments:

LiD said...

Goodness, front garden weeding. Now that is over the top. I think you need devonshire tea to go with that activity. And a pair of colourful short gumboots. Actually, now you have reminded me that I need to weed my failed herb experiment. Damn.

BUSH BABE said...

Gosh. Weeds. Yes. Millions of the beggars. Wanna do mine too?
:-)
BB

Boccone Claire said...

Un petit bonjour de France!
AmitiƩs:CLAIRE

scottsabode said...

I just got three window boxes - does that mean I'm going to have to weed them??

River said...

I weeded my lawns today. They're small and the ground is damp so still soft and there's not many weeds since I've been digging them out for the last seven years, so each year there's less. Got my hands and knees delightfully grubby. The packed clay driveway is another matter altogether. Those ankle high buggers got a good dose of roundup.

Debby said...

Weed.

Oh.

That explains your online shenanigans quite nicely.

:^D

lavenderbay said...

Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, yes, but what about Alice Springs? (Why yes, I am a Hugo Weaving fan, why do you ask?)

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

Heh. Get your gardening gloved arse over here, my weeds are almost shoulder height.

I will pay you in basking in my awesomeness.

Peter said...

While you've got your gardening gloves on you might as well bury the Sydney Swans and West Tigers! Good show by both but alas that's it for another year!

Time to go and watch the weeds grow!

Take Care,
Peter

Jayne said...

Thank you, chickadees, I shall think of you all as I do things to the compost pile lol.

Red Nomad OZ said...

OMIGOD!!! Weeding?? Fight against it!!

ShareThis