Saturday, September 18, 2010

What is wrong with you people?!

This is aimed at those who feel the need to keep other people/cultures/sexualities/religions under the thumb, on a lower peg in the pecking order of life just to make themselves feel good.
This morning I've read several items that leave me in no doubt, whatsoever, that the bogan rednecks are running riot all over everyone's rights, trampling basic common decency and respect for fellow human beings into the dirt while screaming for their own rights to be enshrined in gilt-edged stone.
For a start - I'm so over this "stop the boats" bullshit.
Most of us arrived here on boats, on a plane or on a bloody broomstick.
It's a big frigging country, learn to share your toys, numbskulls.
This continued bullshit racism against Aboriginal People - get the feck off your lazy arses and go meet a  Murri or a Koori for yourself, go introduce yourself, listen to the other person instead of accepting racist stereotypes as gospel, you halfwit.
I bet most of you idiots wouldn't even realise you had met or knew an Indigenous person unless you were slapped in the face with it.
And this screwed up garbage about gay adoption and how it might influence a child's sexuality - give.me.a.frigging.break.
Gee, there's more gay children of gay parents - ever thought it might possibly be because the kids don't feel the need to be ashamed of who they are, rather than being influenced into a 'lifestyle choice'.
These dropkicks are on the rampage as they're feeling threatened - by what, who the feck knows (or cares) - but they're only appealing to their own sort who are, thankfully, a dying breed we may forget to enshrine in resin, behind glass, in a museum vault somewhere.

14 comments:

AJ said...

I just hope you're right that they're a dying breed.

lavenderbay said...

Thanks, Jayne, that was good to hear.

JahTeh said...

I think they missed a beat in that article, the lesbian fell in love with a person who happened to be a man. A lot of people are bi-sexual but don't advertise it.
You know I don't really mind if there's a God but I really wish he hadn't got bored one day and invented religion and bigotry.

River said...

Well said.

Red Nomad OZ said...

I'm with Jah Teh - I don't mind if there's a god either, but I just wish s/he and followers wouldn't bore me! The problems you highlight are endemic to society - and point to broader problems with the education system, poor financial management and just basically fair good governance! To name a few ...

Anonymous said...

Well said! I concur with every word you typed.. but, who came here to Oz on a broomstick, lmao.
Re the Wannik Program, I hope you do contact them or even visit them at their office to get your son in on it. It has been enlightening :)
Cazzie!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just read that two dads no mum article, wtf were they on when they wrote that.. ffs, of course the kid has a Mum.. who birthed him? The bloody clone sheep Dolly?
It irks me when they say shit like they have.. onya for saying so Ro!
Cazzie!!!

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Jayne -- At first I thought you were talking about the numskulls in the U.S. But no, you are telling me that you have the same type of people in your country. Hard to believe that this numbskull movement is so wide spread. We have a terrible problem with them -- they flourish with abandon here. -- barbara

Myst_72 said...

Yeah I hit the jackpot - a step father that's a total bigot - the funny part is he claims to be jewish 'claims'...he just doesn't eat pork and wouldn't pay for stuff on Saturdays...but celebrates xmas....

G
xx

Myst_72 said...

Sorry, I got interrupted halfway through commenting - he also claims he couldn't love his son if he was gay (isn't that called conditional love?)...
bangs on about 'asians' yet is married to my mother whose Grandma was full blood Chinese.
My kids didn't know what calling someone black meant until they were around him - little does he know my kids and I have a strong aboriginal background (I have copies of my natural fathers proof of Aboriginality papers, and is on my natural mothers side also)...

I might surprise him with that one day when he is pissing me off - oh no wait that would be every time I have to be in his company.....
I should video it actually....

Can you tell he fires me up?
He is the exact example of the type you are referring to....
Grrr....

G
xx

Cheryl said...

Go Jayne! Funny how no one ever mentions the stats on domestic violence in same sex couples. Why do I think it's probably so much lower... Also this boat business. I do not understand it all - can so many be so ignorant? I guess yes is the answer to that, sadly.

LiD said...

Excellent post, Jayne. It doesn't help that some media organisations are hell bent on giving a greater voice to the, shall we say, less enlightened among us.

rhubarbwhine said...

A - flippin' - men.

Debby said...

I always thought that when someone said 'you people', they were referring to me, inclusively, until I read your post. I'm not 'you people'. You must be referring to 'them people'. Which is different than 'you people'. Just saying.

ShareThis