Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day 2011

For Australia Day 2011 I thought I'd interview those who had gone before us who had shaped and created the Australia we know today.


Photobucket

Me:  Percy, how do you see....
Percy Grainger:  Get your kit off and stand by the window, I feel a composition coming on.

Photobucket

Me: Ned, what do you think of today's society here in Australia?
Ned Kelly: Such is life.

Photobucket

Me: Sister Elizabeth Kenny, what do you think is the one important detail missing from Australia these days?
Sister Elizabeth Kenny: Street cricket!
And stretch a few politicians from the rafters, it'll do 'em good!

Photobucket

Me: How do you feel about the current-day Australia?
Tullamareena: They named an airport after me, how do you think a man of my intelligence feels?!

Photobucket

Me: Henry, has Australia lived up to its early promise?
Henry Lawson: Eh? Pass me a beer.

Photobucket

Me: Has much been lost since your day?
Bennelong: OMG Someone is asking for my opinion!

Photobucket

Me: Sir Don, is there anything you'd like to add to Australia of today?

Photobucket

Me: Elizabeth, after all these years what is your impression of Australia?
Elizabeth Macquarie: Rum?! Did you say rum?!

Photobucket

Me: Andrew, how do think Australia has progressed since your day?
Andrew Paterson: There was movement at the station, for the word has passed around....

Photobucket

Me: Can you pass along any advice to Australians of today?
Truganini: There's no such thing as a free holiday.

Photobucket

4 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

LOL loved this Jayne = your a bonza sheila luv

BUSH BABE said...

Funny chick!!

Happy Oz day, darl... I totally agree with Truganini - I lost a litre of sweat today beside the branding cradle...

:-)
BB

Davo said...

Mulga Bill said it all;
some idiots will head for fall.

Us other idiots potter along,
pondering,
perhaps remaining strong.

rhubarbwhine said...

I knew I would get a good Aus day read here today. You never let me down :)

ShareThis