Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tubthumping, Anna, Tubthumping

"As we weep for what we have lost, and as we grieve for family and friends and we confront the challenge that is before us, I want us to remember who we are.
We are Queenslanders.
We are the people they breed tough north of the border. We’re the ones that they knock down, and we get up again.
I said earlier this week that this weather may break our hearts, and it is doing that.
But it will not break our will. And in the coming weeks and the coming months we are going prove that beyond any doubt. Together we can pull through this, and with your help, we can achieve it,"
Premier Anna Bligh

Tubthumping.
Everytime.

8 comments:

J Bar said...

Certainly a tough time ahead.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Windsmoke. said...

I believe Queenslanders will pull through with a little help from all Aussies.

River said...

It's heartbreaking Jayne, but people are pulling together in the Aussie way, just like we've always done. They'll get through and start over.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Yes, agree with Windsmoke. Queenslanders - with the help of ALL fellow Australians - will get through this.

BUSH BABE said...

I thought the same thing when I heard this speech! I think it's like any rallying call - and Lord knows we need one at the moment - we need to hear something that will shake off the shock and make us dig deep and fight. It;s not a case of shutting out anyone, but a case of remembering our fighting spirit while letting the wave of support from this great country lift us up again.

We know we need every bit of help and support we can get. And I for one, appreciate every SINGLE scrap of it.
:-)
BB

Debby said...

I did not understand what was meant by 'tubthumping'. I read it and I thought, "She's rallying the troops as any good general would."

I see that's what tubthumping means. Huh.

In any case, the only bit of encouragement that I can offer in these horrible times is that it always seems to be when times are the toughest, that is when you see the very best in people.

Small encouragement if you've no home or bread or milk, but it's all I've got.

lavenderbay said...

God bless you, every one.

Jayne said...

Yes, Queenslanders who have lost everything will get through with help from everyone.

ShareThis