Thursday, January 6, 2011

You make me sick, 2, literally

To those who think it's ok not to vaccinate

There are some out there who've bought into the whole "vaccinations are evil poisons and the diseases are nothing compared to the damage the injections cause" bullshyte hype.
Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate some are genuinely sensitive/allergic to these immunisations...but there's a growing group who deliberately choose not to vaccinate and paint the diseases as mild.
Yeah, coz Polio is as mild as the common cold which is why my mother was having recurring problems 60+ years after suffering from it as a 3 yr old.
That killed my Great Grandmother as she was helping nurse my mother at the time.
The same disease that put radio legend John Laws into hospital in 1962.
And my Godmother's perfectly normal 5 yr old son who contracted Measles - meek and mild Measles, why bother to immunise against that? I've heard some people say - who became a severely intellectually retarded child with multiple physical problems who went on to grow up to be a LARGE man with deteriorating brain functions and increasing physical difficulties.
He lived in Kew Cottages after he became too large for his own mother to care for and is now living in a nursing home - aged 46.
See, they don't tell you what really happens when your child isn't protected against these diseases, those halfwits who would have us back in the Dark Ages.
Inflammation of the brain can lead to disabilities, both physical and intellectual.
When the crisis has passed and the parents are left with the child do you think these rabid nutcases are hanging about offering to help change the child's nappies or feed them?
How about when the child is no longer a child but is still in nappies and still needs feeding or turning in bed or transferring from bed to chair to shower, etc?
Any help being freely offered then?
How about the woman who's just "made the record" of living 60 years in an iron lung due to polio she caught 1 week before she was going to marry?
Anyone think she's never once wished the polio vaccine was available for her?
And what about those who are too young to be immunised but who are made sick by ignorant idiots walking about in the community sharing the diseases they carry?
A blogger I enjoy reading wrote about her friends' 4 week old baby who died from Whooping Cough just last month, March 2009.
Too young to be vaccinated but not too young to contract it and die.
Read about Dana HERE.
Then try to spin me a line of bullshyte about how vaccinations are dreadful.

I wrote this back on April 7, 2009.
And today it is reported that disgraced doctor Wakefield did more than fudge a few findings on his study linking autism to MMR vaccinations.
For $600,000.
What was it Judas Iscariot got for his betrayal, 30 pieces of silver?
While we got lies, rabid anti-vaxxers, sick/disabled and, in some cases, deceased children.
Hope his bank account was worth the fraud to the whole world.
Because it certainly did nothing for parents of children on the Autistic Spectrum or those who honestly wanted to vaccinate their children.

6 comments:

Brian Hughes said...

That reminds me...I should have had my flu jab last week.

JahTeh said...

So you should Hughes, with that honker of yours you could be an epidemic.

Sorry Jayne, it's early in the year, I'll be nice to him about July.

River said...

Wouldn't it be nice if only the anti-vaccinators kids got those diseases? any Gods out there listening?
Anyway, I remember a girl in Primary School who contracted polio in grade 5 and spent the next two years at home in bed with at first a full body brace, then eventually just leg braces and an arm support. She eventually made it back to school about halfway through grade 7, with the braces and crutches.
I remember there being no vaccine for measles until my kids were little. My youngest was too young to be vaccinated, so caught measles at 5 months from a 7 month old baby in a neighbouring hotel room. Luckily, he's had no side effects.
Vaccinations should be made mandatory.

Andrew said...

And then there is fluoride in the water. A good thing in my opinion. Dentists don't agree. Might they have a vested interest?

harrietarcher said...

Anti vaxxers shit me to tears.

They don't think twice about vaccinating their pets... but their childrens??? I am old enough to know people (real live people, not pretend internet people, too) that have been affected by "simple childhood diseases". Lecturer at uni had polio, my mum remembers queuing up for HOURS to get the polio vaccine... I worked with someone who's mum got rubella when she was pregnant (deaf and slight intellectual disability), and another girl that got measles, and as a result - meningitis.

What twit wouldn't vaccinate????

Fen said...

My cousin almost died aged 4 days old from whooping cough :(
It was only because he was born big, fit and healthy that he survived.

ShareThis