Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I wuvs you, too xxx

Thank you for all your supportive words, emails and phone calls, I really appreciate it.
I'm still feeling blah but a chirpier blah than the previous week.
If that makes sense.

Am currently painting like a woman possessed - which could explain the pea soup and speaking in tongues thing after midnight but that's another tale - and am starting to get my happy on via acrylics, water colours and several different styles.

It's the little things that are poking holes in my heart... while I absolutley adore Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries it's with a bitter-sweet enjoyment as Dad enjoyed all of Kerry Greenwood's writings, particularly the Phryne Fisher and Corinna Chapman series', and I know he would have loved seeing Phryne brilliantly brought to life by the very talented Essie Davis.
The same with Tim Winton's cloudstreet - Dad read and re-read the book several times and would have been equally glued to the idiot box and impressed with the quality of the adaptation.
Crap - I've had to close the browser tab to cloudstreet as the narrator's voice has set me off into tears again.

Now, I hope to get around to all your blogs soon but I've got to get my arse into gear as I've neglected the Dunolly History blog by accident and need to post up some doings from days gone by, then running around like a chook with my head chopped off for doctors, referrals and jumping through hoops for the Feral Teen's mental health stuff.
Just to keep me busy and off the street!
Thank you again xxx

9 comments:

The Elephant's Child said...

So happy to hear that you are a little better.
Cyber hugs.

Windsmoke. said...

I've been looking forward to watching the Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and so far i haven't been disappointed :-).

janine said...

oh so glad to read you are feeling better, and whoo hoo for the painting. Oh my I wonder if NZ will get Phryne Fisher on Tv? or whether or not I need to buy it myself. As for cloudstreet, that is starting here in NZ this week and I can't wait, it looks so good and reading your comments I can't wait to watch it.

FruitCake said...

Glad you are on an upswing.

Is the pea soup acrylic? Is thee plotting some diabolical homage to pollock?

Kath said...

Glad to hear it - I dedicated all of my dog walks and treaddie runs to you last week! Kath xo

River said...

I didn't enjoy Kerry Greenwoods Phryne Fisher series, but I loved the Corinna Chapman stories.

I hope you're feeling much more yourself soon, will you be posting photos of your paintings? I have photos of paintings a friend of mine does on bits of cardboard, he thinks they're crap, I think the man has talent. Maybe I'll post a few...

re Dunolly, do you have any photos of the township? The shops? I'd love to see those.

Jayne said...

Thank you for your hugs, EC, one can never have too many hugs xx.

Kerry Greenwood got to have her say in a lot of it, Windsmoke, and the quality shows :)

It's really good, Janine, we're going to buy the series on DVD even though we're watching it now.
cloudstreet is...the Western Australian light is magical, the house is alive.

Ooooh, I like the way you think, FC!
The pea soup would be thick, chunky oils and Pollock's blue poles would be outstripped by the spare carrots *snort*

Thank you, Kath, I love the healing vibes you send xxx

About to post a couple of the paintings, River, and there are heaps of photos of Dunolly on the Dunolly blog, there is also a slide show at the top of the page, the shops/buildings are original from the goldrush (the original buildings erected after they decided tents were too draughty).

Davoh said...

meh ...nobody's perfect ... heh

Red Nomad OZ said...

Kerry Greenwood can do no wrong! I read 'Cocaine Blues' in 1999 and never looked back - the series is GREAT!!! It's great you've got happy memories of you & your Dad's mutual interests, tears or no.

ShareThis