Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Meet TimeSpanner

For those of my readers who have yet to explore my blog roll, make sure you pop over to the fabulous New Zealand blog Timespanner.

I love the tenacity, passion and eye to detail Lisa puts to hard work whenever she gets a subject in her sights; when you read her blog posts you know that she is far from being a dry, dusty historian but one that breathes life back into people, places and things that may have been long dead or forgotten for decades.

When I grow up I want to be just like her.

6 comments:

Andrew said...

Endorsed Jayne. I learnt a very important lesson from her. While I will continue to enjoy oral histories, they are not properly researched histories. A proper historical record has a lot of time and research plowed into it.

I rather wish she lived in Melbourne and was putting her research efforts into our history.

Jayne said...

Absolutely, Andrew, then she could use her power for Oz not NZ!
Seriously, though, a lot of NZ and OZ history meld and cross over to the point she's pricked my curiosity on many ocassions.
Her time and effort is to be applauded.

Eccentricess said...

While I applaud your ambition to be like someone you admire, don't grow up! ;-)

(oh, and look! I was allowed to comment today - so many times it simply won't open the comment page. Happy!)

Jayne said...

Oh, alright, Essie, I shant grow up, just for you lol.
And yay for being able to comment!

The Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for the referral. As I said on her site, I often wonder how many of the public buildings created today will a)survive and b) be admired in times to come.

Jayne said...

Glad to hear you liked the referral, EC, have a good trawl her archives, you'll enjoy a lot of Timespanner's articles :)

ShareThis