Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dunolly Community Garden Gathering & Seed Swap Oct 28th

October Garden Gathering and Seed Swap
at the Kindergarten 94 Maude St, Dunolly
Sunday October 28th 3pm – 5pm

*3pm Garden tour – Wondering what to grow, harvest or sow? Come along and be inspired by YOUR community garden. 

*3:30pm Short film: Our Seeds: Seeds Blong Yumi
Filmed across 11 countries, this film celebrates seed savers who preserve and share the source of our diverse food heritage.

*4:15pm + Afternoon tea and seed swap - Please bring a plate of food to share AND some seeds to swap or just come along and grab some seeds.to plant in your garden.
See you there!

2 comments:

River said...

That sounds like an interesting day as well as educational.
"Seeds Blong Yumi" I like that!
I used to collect seeds for replanting, from things like parsley, tomatoes etc, they rarely did well. Probably most of them were hybrids, the seeds from those don't often reproduce. I tried from heritage seeds too, but a heatwave killed that lot. Now I don't garden.

The Elephant's Child said...

Ooooh. I wish I could be there. Report and pictures required here too. Please.

ShareThis