Monday, November 12, 2012

On this day in Oz history November 12

Goodness, this is getting to be a habit.
Again.
Let's hope the old girl can keep the pace up.

1877
Muriel Matters was hatched in that hot-bed town of female equality Adelaide.
Read more about this radical gal HERE.

I could do with a fresh pot of tea.
Anyone...?

1896
Kew played host to the stork that dropped off geologist and micropalentologist Irene Crespin.

1979
Matt Stevic, Aussie Rules footy field ump who officiated at the 2012 AFL Grand Final, was pupped on this day.
I swear they're getting younger and younger....

1996
Both Houses of the Victorian Parliament unanimously passed a resolution endorsing multiculturalism and condemning racial intolerance.
About bloody time.

I shall take myself off to boil the jug myself, then *hmph*

ShareThis