Thursday, November 22, 2012

On this day in Oz History November 22

Well, dear reader, I am currently awash with coconut oil.
Have cooked with it for the first time (as it is lauded to do everything for your health as well as wash the dinner dishes) and am lathering it into my scalp for a treatment.
No, not the oil I used for cooking.
The Tribe pronounced the meal a success and the scalp is humming along happily as I type this drivel.

1962 Phil The Greek aka Prince Phillip officially opened the Commonwealth Games in Perth at the end of which the Aussies had the highest medal tally (38) for any country in Commonwealth Games' history (at the time).

I have a vague tropical aroma wafting about the computer...all I'd need to do is stick a slice of mango behind my left lug hole to complete the picture.

1956 The Same Bloke What I mentioned up above opened the 16th Olympic Games in Melbourne.
WooT.

Perhaps a cuppa lime and lemon tea would be a nice addition to the menu.

2004 Janine Haines, the one-time Australian Democrats (Keeping The Bastards Honest) leader  - and the first chickybabe leader of any federal Parliamentary party in the Fair Isle of Oz -pegged out in Adelaide at the young age of 59.
*Some sites say 20th Nov, others say 22nd.

No, not a slice of mango, it would be too slippery.
I think a chunk of pineapple would fit in with the citrus theme better....


1901 And dear Janine would haven't been such a fab leader without the formation on this day of the Victorian National Council of Women which has done stacks of grouse stuff for sheilas, blokes and kids all over the shop.

I feel at this junction I sure assure you that a posy of mint leaves above my other ear would not look astray however I have misgivings about the rampant, vigorous growth of mint....

2009 The Govt announced its full support of the new representative body for Aboriginal People titled the National Congress of Australias First Peoples.


The government announces its support of the new representative body for Aboriginal people, called the National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples (NCAFP).

Read more: http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/history/aboriginal-history-timeline-2000-today#ixzz2Cr2lF9PL
The government announces its support of the new representative body for Aboriginal people, called the National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples (NCAFP).

Read more: http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/history/aboriginal-history-timeline-2000-today#ixzz2Cr2lF9PL
Photobucket

ShareThis