Sunday, January 13, 2013

Good gracious and welcome to 2013

Yeah, yeah, I'm slack.
What's new!
Thank you for all your lovely Festive Season wishes, I hope 2013 is treating you all well and is starting to be a bright, bold and bodacious new year for you all.

Here's some dirt on this date I've dug up along with the daffodil bulbs and piles of doggie landmines.

1998
In Australia a federal court upheld the armed forces’ right to expel HIV-positive soldiers.

1939
Black Friday Bushfires in Victoria claimed the lives of 71 people.

1911
South Africa's first cricket win over Oz at Adelaide.

2004
The very short-lived Spirit of Tasmania III ferry began ploughing the sea from Sydneyto Devonport.

And now I shall park my ever-spreading derrier on my treadlie and take my bat and ball and go 'ome!
See you soon!

4 comments:

JahTeh said...

I can't believe we're nearly half way through January and heading for Australia Day. I still haven't taken the winter doona off the bed.

River said...

Those bloody bushfires!
And here we go again with fires in three states.
We have rain here today though, so hopefully it will move across and help with putting out some of those fires.
Are you safe where you are?

The Elephant's Child said...

Welcome back. You shame with on the daffodil bulb front though. It is waaaay too hot for such work - even if it is desirable.

Jayne said...

I know, J, it's flashing past faster than a streaker on red bull!

We're safe here, River, fingers crossed for more rain and more of these civilised 23 degree days!

Thanks, EC, but the daff bulbs were a few years in the ground, we forgot them lol.

ShareThis